Saturday 9th November – fully booked
Saturday 22nd February – fully booked
MORE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED - SIGN UP TO NEWSLETTER TO ENSURE YOU DON’T MISS OUT
On this course you will learn from the experts how to prepare and cover different cakes, how to safely (and securely) stack the layers to create a 3 tier cake and also how to decorate your cake with a variety of simple and elegant techniques.
This class teaches a range of skills and at the end of the course you will take home your own 3 tier designer cake!
The 6 hour (approx) cake decorating class will teach you a huge variety of skills, these include:
* Techniques to measure, cut, split, fill and level out real sponge cake.
* The best way to use a freshly prepared vanilla butter cream to “crumb coat” your sponge cake to ensure the very best finish.
* How to use sugar paste icing to cover round cakes without tearing or denting the covering to ensure a smooth finish.
* How to prepare and cover a fruit cake in marzipan and sugar paste.
* The benefits of using polystyrene dummies and how to prepare and cover them.
* Utilise specialist cake decorating tools to ensure a smooth and clean finish.
* The professional way to cover over and finish a cake board with sugar paste icing and decorate with ribbon.
* How to safely and securely stack your cakes
* Use of Florist Paste to create realistic sugar roses
* Be introduced to a range of specialised cake decorating tools and implements
We will discuss transporting, prices and storing tiered cakes.
A delicious buffet lunch and refreshments will be supplied for you.
All tools, materials and the cake will be provided but do please bring your own apron to avoid getting messy!
Class level: Suitable for all levels