MORE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED – SIGN UP TO NEWSLETTER TO ENSURE YOU DON’T MISS OUT
This is an amazing introductory class for beginners or improvers into the world of professional cake decorating – decorate and design an amazing masquerade cake. This Cake Decorating Class is the perfect cake decorating class for you if you want to get started in the world of cake decorating.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CLASS
This class teaches a wide range of skills and you will get to leave with a fresh, moist vanilla sponge cake that you have decorated yourself. Every element of the class is provided for you including a delicious cake. We will teach you how to store your cake to keep it moist and ready to serve at your party or celebration.
The 6 hour (approx) cake decorating class will teach you a huge variety of skills, these include:
* Techniques to measure, cut, split, fill and level out real sponge cake.
* The best way to use a freshly prepared vanilla butter cream to “crumb coat” your sponge cake to ensure the very best finish.
* The cake decorating class will teach you how to use fondant icing to cover a round cake without tearing or denting the covering to ensure a smooth finish.
* Utilise specialist cake decorating tools to ensure a smooth and clean finish to give flat sides and a perfectly level top.
* The best ways to cover over and finish a cake board with fondant icing and decorate with ribbon.
* Create a seamless and smooth join between your sponge cake and the board.
* Roll out, model, shape, cut and work with florist paste.
* Sugarpaste modelling techniques to create a ‘Fabric rose’
* Utilise a range of different colours to create exciting, vibrant and unique cakes.
* You will use specialist, non edible items to create the feather splay to top your cake and safely achieve an exciting, decorative effect.
* An introduction to piping royal icing techniques
* Be introduced to a range of specialised cake decorating tools and implements.
* The use of specialist cake decorating equipment to create the most incredible, perfect lettering
* The professional way to use ribbons to ‘finish’ cakes and boards.
The course will end with one last trick of the trade to showcase the best way to transport cakes which have height… this will make sure that you can go home with your beautifully decorated cake, in your own colour scheme and wow your friends and family after it arrives perfectly!
A delicious buffet lunch and refreshments will be supplied for you.
All tools, materials and the cake will be provided but do please bring your own apron to avoid getting messy!
Class level: Beginners