Saturday 25th January – fully booked
MORE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED – SIGN UP TO NEWSLETTER TO ENSURE YOU DON’T MISS OUT
This class is great for beginners or improvers as an introduction to professional cake decorating standards – designing your own starburst cake! So if you are looking for a Cake Decorating Class in London, Bromley, Croydon or Kent this could be the cake decorating class for you!
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CLASS
In this class, you will get to work with a fresh, moist vanilla sponge cake. The cake will be supplied for you and you will be taught the best way to store cakes to keep them moist and soft ready for your big party or event.
Throughout the 6 hour (approx) course you will learn a variety of skills including:
* How to measure, cut, split, fill and level a real cake.
* How to crumb coat your cake to ensure a smooth finish using a freshly prepared vanilla butter cream.
* How to cover a round cake without tearing or denting your fondant icing covering to ensure a smooth finish.
* The tricks of the trade and tools used to ensure a smooth and clean finish with flat sides and a level top.
* The best way to cover and finish a cake board with fondant icing.
* How to ensure a smooth join between cake and board.
* An introduction to florist paste.
* How best to work with different colours to create exciting vibrant cakes or mellow pastels.
* You will make your own spray to top your cake and achieve the ‘burst’ effect.
* How to work with specialised cake decorating tools and implements – as well as some cheap household alternatives!
* The professional way to use ribbons to ‘finish’ cakes and boards.
At the end of the course we’ll even show you a transportation trick for cakes with height so you can go home with your beautifully decorated cake in your own colour scheme and wow your friends and family!
All tools, materials and the cake will be provided but do please bring your own apron to avoid getting messy!
Class level: Beginners