MORE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED - SIGN UP TO NEWSLETTER TO ENSURE YOU DON’T MISS OUT
Perfect for so many occasions! Come and learn how to create this fabulous 3D champagne bottle complete with flowing bubbles! We will show you how to cut the perfect shape from sponge, then fill and cover your bottle.
You will learn some great techniques which can be transferred to a variety of other sculpted and novelty cakes.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CLASS
This class teaches a wide range of skills and you will get to leave with a shaped vanilla sponge cake that you have decorated yourself. All the elements of the class are provided for you including a delicious cake and lunch! We will discuss how best to store your cakes to keep them moist and ready to serve at your event.
The 5 hour (approx) cake decorating class will teach you a huge variety of skills, these include:
* Techniques to measure, cut, split, fill and level real sponge cake.
* The best way to use a freshly prepared vanilla butter cream to “crumb coat” your sponge cake to ensure the very best finish.
* The cake decorating class will teach you how to use fondant icing to cover a scuplted cake without tearing or denting the covering to ensure a smooth finish.
* The best ways to cover over and finish a cake board with fondant icing and decorate with ribbon.
* Sugar paste modelling techniques to create a ‘cork’.
* Be introduced to a range of specialised cake decorating tools and implements.
* The use of specialist cake decorating equipment to create the most incredible, perfect lettering
A delicious buffet lunch and refreshments will be supplied for you.
All tools, materials and the cake will be provided but do please bring your own apron to avoid getting messy!
Class level: Suitable for all